Eligible to Join
Become a LFCU Member-Owner
credit union difference
with a Lafayette
Please accept our invitation to start enjoying the benefits of Lafayette Federal membership. Here are 10 of them:
- No-Fee Checking that Earns Dividends
- No Monthly Fee for Debit Card Use
- Low-Rate Auto Loans with Extra Discounts on Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
- 78,000 Surcharge-Free ATMs nationwide
- No-Annual-Fee Credit Cards with Great Rewards
- 24-Hour Online Account Access
- 24-Hour Mobile Account Access
- A Variety of Low-Rate Consumer Loans
- Low-Rate Home Loans
- Competitive Savings Rates
Am I Eligible for Membership?
You may be eligible to open an account at Lafayette FCU if you:
- are employed by an agency or company within LFCU's approved field of membership
- live or work in the Potomac, MD. area
- live, work, worship or attend school in Washington, D.C.
- are an immediate family member of a current LFCU member
- live in Maryland, Washington, D.C. or Virginia and are an existing member or become a member of the American Consumer Council (ACC)
Once a Member‚ Always a Member Policy
Just because you leave your employer or place of residence doesn't mean you have to leave your credit union. No matter how you are eligible for membership, you may retain membership in the credit union — even if you leave our field of membership-as long you maintain a minimum balance of $50 in your Share Savings account.
For specific eligibility information, click on the links below:
- Select Area Employers
- Potomac, MD Area
- Washington, D.C.
- Family Members
- American Consumer Council
FIELD OF MEMBERSHIP
Eligibility Through Your Employer
We extend our membership to all direct-hire individuals employed by or retired from the following organizations:
- 1300 Mass Owner's Co-op, Inc.
- Academy for Educational Development
- Advanced Engineering Design, Inc.
- African Development Foundation
- Africare, Inc.
- Agency for International Development
- All Souls Church, Unitarian
- AMEX International, Inc.
- Anders Appraisal Associates, Inc.
- Association for Enterprise Opportunity
- Auburndale Donuts Group
- Bagel City in Rockville, MD
- Bethesda Therapeutic Massage
- Bialek’s Music
- Bread for the World
- Brilari Inc., dba California Tortilla
- Bromberg Rosenthal, LLP
- Capital Area Community Food Bank
- Center for Financial Engineering in Development
- Change, Inc.
- Chao’s Lawn Care
- Chemonics International
- Chesapeake Shotcrete, Inc.
- Coastal International Security
- Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company
- Computer Systems Service Bureau, Inc.
- Continental Pizza
- Cosmos Club
- Counterpart International
- CQ Press
- Cristina Italian Ristorante
- Cygnus Corporation
- Crown Agents Consultancy
- Daycare at the Washington Office Center
- Delia’s Pizzeria and Grille
- Development Associates, Inc.
- Direct Connect
- Dixie Plywood, Inc.
- Emmaus Services for the Aging
- Encon Group, Inc.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Family Health International
- F-D-C Reports, Inc.
- Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission
- Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
- First Baptist Church of Ken-Gar
- Foreign Affairs Recreation Association
- Gateway Title & Escrow
- GE Capital Markets Services, Inc.
- Gittleson Zuppas Commercial Realty, Inc.
- Global Health Council Inc.
- Global Industries, Inc.
- Goodwill Industries International, Inc.
- Havenwood Capital Markets, LLC
- Heldref Publications
- Hollywood East Café
- Homestead Health Care, Inc. in Hyattsville, MD
- Housing Opportunities and Concepts
- Hyatt Arlington
- Imagination Stage
- Inter-American Foundation
- International Development Cooperation Agency
- International Foundation for Electoral Systems
- International Medical Corps
- Irvine Access Floors, Inc.
- J.A. & A.J. Construction
- JE Austin Associates, Inc.
- J&H Maintenance Service Corporation
- J. Milton Baker Co./Ever-Clean, Inc.
- Jack's and Jerry's Restaurant
- John Snow, Inc.
- K-Town Grill
- Labat-Anderson, Inc.
- Lafayette Federal Credit Union
- Landmark Realty Group
- Latin American Youth Center (LAYC)
- Law Offices of Marc E. Rosendorf
- Liberian Community Association, Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
- Lightfoot Endowment Foundation
- LTS Corporation
- Luse Gorman Pomerenk & Shick
- Lutheran College Washington Consortium
- Macfadden & Associates
- Mamma Lucia Restaurants
- Management Sciences for Health
- Management Systems International
- Max’s Kosher Café and Marketplace
- Meineke Car Care Center in Gaithersburg, MD
- Metrica, Inc.
- Michael E. Gross, Attorney at Law
- MicroTech, LLC
- Middle East Institute
- Moreta and Associates, Int.
- Mortgage Link, Inc.
- Nathan Associates, Inc.
- National Commercial Flooring
- National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- National Forum for Black Administrators
- National Youth Advocacy Coalition
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation
- New Birth Investor, LLC
- Olympic Barber Shop
- Oncology for Women
- Overseas Economic Cooperation Fund
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- PaL-Tech, Inc.
- Parcel Plus in Potomac, MD
- Partners in Health
- Partners of the Americas
- Pathfinder International
- PGE Design/Build
- Population Reference Bureau
- Potomac Trading
- Professional Resource Group International
- Program for Appropriate Technologies in Health (PATH)
- Progressive Builders, LLC
- Pragma Corporation
- Price, Williams & Associates
- Pulmonary and Medical Associates of Northern Virginia, Ltd.
- Remodel USA, Inc.
- River Place Employees
- River Place Owners’ Association
- RONCO Consulting Corporation
- Rotary Club of Wheaton-Kensington
- RRB/ITC Parking
- Sandler, Travis, and Rosenberg, D.A.
- Sandoval General Construction
- SAP Public Services, Inc.
- Saturn of Silver Spring, MD
- School of Life
- Sergio's Place
- Service Corps of Retired Executives Association (SCORE)
- Shady Grove Fertility
- Small Business Administration
- Souza Services, LLC
- Staley Transportation Services, LLC
- Stephen Anthony Salon
- Suzanne A. Katz and Associates, Inc.
- Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (DC)
- Takoma Park Silver Spring Food Co-op (employees and members)
- The Goddard School of Rockville, MD
- The International Trade Center
- The Mitchell Group, Inc.
- The Potomac Grille in Rockville, MD
- The Warren-Young Group, Inc.
- Town of Kensington, MD
- U.S. Peace Corps
- U.S. Nuclear Waste Technical Review Board
- U.S. Titles, Inc.
- Ventura Commercial Mortgage
- Vince and Dominic’s Pizza
- Wayco A/C and Heating, Inc.
- Weidemann Associates, Inc.
- Weinberg & Company, P.C.
- Whole Foods Market
- Whiskey Creek Golf Club
- Willard Intercontinental
- Zohra Salon
Eligibility Through Your Area of Residence
Residents of Potomac, MD
Persons who live or work in that part of Montgomery County, Maryland, known as Potomac, bounded on the south by the Potomac River from Riley's Lock Road on the west to Cabin John Parkway on the east, on the east by Cabin John Parkway to the Capital Beltway 495 to Interstate 270, on the north by Shady Grove Road to State Route 28 to State Route 112, and on the west by State Route 112 and Seneca Road to River Road to Riley's Lock Road to the Potomac River: Provided, however, That the military reservation known as the U. S. Navy Ship Research and Development Center is excluded from this field of membership.
View a map of this geographic area
Select Washington, D.C. Residents
Many individuals who live, work, worship or attend school in Washington, D.C. are eligible to become members. However, our D.C. charter only extends to individuals within certain geographic boundaries.
View a map of this geographic area
Eligibility Through a Family Member
We extend eligibility to all current members' immediate family members. This includes: grandparents, parents, spouses, children (including foster and adopted), grandchildren and siblings. Un-remarried spouses of persons who died while employed by any of our eligible organizations are also eligible for membership.
This means that once you become a member, your family members automatically become eligible to join Lafayette FCU!
Eligibility Through Maryland, Washington, D.C., or Virginia Residency
Persons who live in Maryland, Washington, D.C. or Virginia are eligible to open an account at Lafayette Federal if they are an existing member or become a member of the American Consumer Council (ACC). The ACC was founded to ensure vital customer needs are met and protected through educating American consumers about the benefits of various products and services and acting as a voice for consumer advocacy and economic wellness in the United States. ACC applies marketplace pressure to ensure companies offer safe‚ reliable products and services that consumers can use‚ trust and recommend to their family and friends.
There is no fee to join and it’s a one step process to open your account at Lafayette Federal and join the ACC. Simply click on "Become a Member” and select "persons who live in Maryland, Washington, D.C. or Virginia” for your eligibility and you will automatically be joining the ACC. By joining the ACC‚ you’re becoming a part of an influential organization with more than 80‚000 members nationwide. Best of all‚ by joining ACC you also become eligible for Lafayette Federal membership. For more information about the American Consumer Council, click here.