Make Lafayette Federal Your Credit Union for Life
Since 1935, Lafayette Federal has been providing members with the means to achieve financial security and independence. Each year, we have built upon our accomplishments to remain one of the premier financial institutions in the DC Metro area, resulting in national recognition from industry leaders.
We’re paying YOU up to $750 to make the switch to our member-owned, award-winning credit union! Earn money for each product or service you open.
- $100 when you open a Lafayette Federal Checking Account and establish Qualified Direct Deposit1
- $50 when you open a Lafayette Federal Credit Card2
- $50 when you open a Lafayette Federal Share Certificate with $10,000+3
- $50 when you open a Lafayette Federal Preferred or Premier Savings with $10,000+4
- $500 closing cost credit towards a Lafayette Federal Mortgage Loan5
That's $750 in your pocket!
Membership open to everyone, nationwide.
Want more? You got it. Enjoy premium accounts and benefits.
- No minimum balance requirements or monthly maintenance fees
- 24/7 management of your account(s) via Online/Mobile Banking
- FREE Bill Pay, mobile deposit, and bank-to-bank transfers
- Discounts on auto loans, mortgage loans, and more with Qualified Direct Deposit
- Worldwide access to your money via surcharge-free ATMs & Shared Branches
- FREE member perks and programs
1Offer valid until December 31, 2022 and subject to change without notice. Cannot be combined with any other new member offers. Members who have received previous new member/direct deposit promotions in the past 12 months do not qualify. Business accounts are excluded from offer. Membership eligibility required. Must first set up Checking/Qualified Direct Deposit to be eligible for the remaining incentive money. 1Members who open a Checking Account and Qualified Direct Deposit will receive a $100 deposit to their Checking Account. If account is closed within first 6 months, promotional deposit will be deducted from account. Qualified Direct Deposit is a recurring direct deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other periodic income payment of at least $500 into a Savings or Checking Account on a month-to-month basis made by an outside organization or agency. 2Members who open a Credit Card no later than 60 days after account opening will receive a $50 deposit to their Checking Account. 3Members who open a Share Certificate no later than 60 days after account opening will receive a $50 deposit to their Checking Account. 4Members who open a Preferred or Premier Savings Account no later than 60 days after account opening will receive a $50 deposit to their Checking Account. 5Members who fund a Mortgage Loan no later than 6 months after account opening will receive a $500 closing credit towards their Mortgage Loan. $50 minimum balance required to open and earn 0.10% APY (APY = Annual Percentage Yield) on Lafayette Federal Share Savings Account balances. $5 minimum balance required to open and earn 2.04% APY on LFCU Checking Account balances up to $25,000 and 0.025% APY on Checking Account balances over $25,000. Please visit LFCU.ORG/2FOR22 for full Checking Account requirements. Rates current as of August 1, 2022 and subject to change without notice. Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the U.S. government. Lafayette Federal is an equal opportunity lender. LFCU NMLS #464425