Board, Committees & Staff
Meet our dedicated team of professionals.
You’re a member AND an owner at Lafayette Federal. We treat our members as unique individuals with specific needs and financial goals. We are member-owned, not-for-profit, and community-minded. Every decision made, every new product and service introduced, is based on what is best for our community. As a not-for-profit organization, we return excess funds to our members as increased dividends, reduced loan interest, as well as products and service enhancements.
Our President and CEO is B. John Farmakides.
Mr. Farmakides is assisted by the Senior Management team at Lafayette Federal Credit Union, which is comprised of:
- Stephen Harrell, Chief Financial Officer
- Lynn English, Senior Vice President, Risk Management
- Jeff Ference, Senior Vice President, Operations
- Gladys Magsino, Senior Vice President, Administration
- Tina Werking‚ Senior Vice President, Lending
- Andrew Mason‚ Senior Vice President, Information Technology
- Roland Varblow‚ Senior Vice President, Mortgage Lending
Our Board of Directors, which is elected by the membership, is responsible for providing strategic direction and general oversight to credit union management and establishing new programs to better meet the membership’s financial needs.
Our Board Emeritus
- Norman Cohen, Director Emeritus
Our Current Board Members
- Nathan “Gus” Siekierka‚ Chair
- Mary Jo Morris‚ Vice Chair
- Leslie Poole, Treasurer
- Thomas Harmon, IV, Secretary
- Eric Benderson, Director
- Lisa DeSoto, Director
- John Richter, Director
- William “Bill” Hills‚ Director
- Theodore “Teddy” Vagias, Director
The Board is also responsible for appointing the Supervisory Committee. The committee assures our adherence to governmental regulations and Board policies and serves as a sounding board for our members, investigating complaints and other member concerns. The Supervisory Committee also audits our financial records and works closely with our accountants to conduct the annual audit of the credit union.
Our Supervisory Committee Members
- William “Bill” Hills, Chair
- Kristin Earley
- Walter Intlekofer
- Lawrence “Rusty” Payne
- Heather Tuason