Your Credit Union for Life.
Health & Wellness
Lafayette Federal has single and family medical plans, life insurance, dental, disability, and company wellness challenges to help you manage your health and wellbeing.
Extensive PTO, competitive 401K, flexible spending account, and access to all available services are some perks we give to our staff.
Challenge & Opportunity
We want you to reach your career goals; we offer education assistance so you can continue to grow and provide plenty of opportunities to advance in the industry.
Our first objective should always be to provide assistance.
Everyone has the same goal — to help members.
We trust you. We want to be where you go.
Solving real world problems is something I enjoy about working at Lafayette.
I’ve been banking with Lafayette as a kid; my parents were members.
Helping to improve work processes, make them more efficient, is rewarding.
We believe it is our obligation to contribute to the betterment of our communities through financial investments and volunteerism. In communities where we do business, we support a variety of non-profit, civic and economic development organizations that share our interest in improving local prosperity, economic self-sufficiency, education, and the health and well-being of community members. We host an annual golf tournament to benefit the Children’s’ Miracle Network, community shred days at our multiple locations, financial literacy sessions, and participate in many local events such as farmers’ markets, festivals, community gatherings, etc. Lafayette Federal employees are enthusiastic and involved, volunteering their time by serving in leadership positions, group associations, chapter memberships. Their generosity is a source of pride for Lafayette Federal, and we encourage their involvement in community-building efforts.
We are committed to maintaining an attractive benefits package that gives our employees and their families the resources they need to effectively manage their health, promote their well-being, and help plan an exciting future. Lafayette Federal employee benefits include: medical, dental reimbursement, life insurance, a competitive 401(k) plan, and voluntary benefits such as a legal aid plan and supplemental life insurance for you and your family.Learn more about Employee Development
Lafayette Federal is committed to ensuring a safe, open, honest, and ethical environment for our employees, our volunteers, and our members. We have established a Code of Ethics that explicitly states our mandate for honesty and integrity in everything we do. All Lafayette Federal employees and volunteers are expected to uphold these principles as fundamental to the well-being of the credit union and to its continued service, growth, and progress. The Code of Ethics details the high standards expected of every employee and volunteer as well as the ramifications for unacceptable behavior.
- Expose dishonesty or corruption wherever discovered. We expect our employees/volunteers to observe the law and our policies governing our daily actions and interactions.
- Employees/volunteers should recognize and accept a personal responsibility to build and maintain Lafayette Federal’s good name and reputation.
- Provide the highest level of personal financial services in a courteous and professional manner and treat all individuals fairly without regard to age, race, creed, national origin, sex, religion, social and economic status or any other classes protected under the law.
- Protect the privacy and confidentiality of member financial records and transactions as well as those of the credit union, and never use any information obtained in the performance of Credit Union duties as a means for making private profit.
- Employees/volunteers are required to conduct their personal affairs in a way that avoids conflict, or even the appearance pf conflict, between the employee’s/volunteer’s self-interest and his or her duty to Lafayette Federal and its members.
Attributes of our safe, healthy workplace include:
- “Whistleblower” policy encourages reporting of unlawful behavior and security threats.
- A drug and alcohol-free workplace.
- Zero tolerance for all forms of violence and harassment.
- Intolerance for discriminatory treatment.
Student Loan Repayment: Six essential tips for graduates.
Right now, there are two types of former college students who will soon be (if not already) repaying their student loans. The first are recent graduates (congratulations!), who, after graduating last spring are nearing the end of their six-month grace period on repaying federal student loans. The second are the millions of people who had…Read more
Investing with Purpose: Navigating Sustainable Investing for a greener tomorrow.
Investing is all about making your money work for you. It can also be about using your money to support and reflect your own values, priorities, and principles. This practice is commonly referred to as “sustainable investing” or “socially responsible investing” (SRI). You may also be familiar with a third term – ESG, which stands…Read more
Empowering Your Education: A comprehensive look at student loans.
You don’t have to be the smartest kid in class to know that getting a college degree is expensive. Today, more than half of all undergraduate students (or their families) borrow money to pay for books, tuition, college fees, and living expenses. According to U.S. News & World Report (USN), data submitted from over 1,000…Read more