We value your privacy.
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- Account balances and payment history
- Creditworthiness and credit history
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Lafayette Federal chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
These purposes include:
- Process your transactions
- Maintain your account(s)
- Respond to court orders and legal investigations
- Report to credit bureaus
This allows us to offer products and services that best suit you.
This allows us to partner with external financial companies to offer you the products and services you need.
We share information about your transactions and experiences so we can better serve you.
We do not share your information with non-affiliates for the purpose of marketing to you.
Who is providing this notice?
Lafayette Federal Credit Union and Home Ownership Financial Literacy Council (HOFLC)
How does Lafayette Federal protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
How does Lafayette Federal collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- open an account or deposit money
- pay your bills or apply for a loan
- use your credit or debit card
- browse our website
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- We will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements.
Non-affiliates may include: insurance companies, direct marketing companies, credit card networks.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- We may disclose non-public personal information about our members and former members to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
Joint marketing partners may include investment services, insurance, or credit card networks.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- We have a contractual relationship that prohibit the third party from disclosing or using the information of our agreement.
We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to: employees and volunteers who need to know that information to provide products or services to you; our attorneys, accountants, and auditors on a need-to-know basis; government authorities to comply with federal, state, or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements; consumer reporting agencies in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Our credit union is committed to making financial products and services available that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals while at the same time protecting your personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations.
Protecting your personal information is a high priority for everyone associated with our credit union! This notice is available upon request.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
For site management, information may be collected for statistical purposes. Computer software programs may be used to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. No personal information, such as your name or address, is collected or used for this analysis. We collect no information which would identify you personally.
Information Collected from Emails and Web Forms
When you send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment or by filling out a form or application that emails us this information, we use this information to fulfill or respond to your requests. We may store these requests to support the application process. We may forward your email to staff who are better able to respond to your request. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide.
Interpretation and Definitions
- Account – a unique account created for you to access our service or parts of our service
- Affiliate – officially attached or connected to an organization
- Application – software program provided by Lafayette Federal, downloaded by you on an electronic device
- Company – refers to Lafayette Federal Credit Union, 2701 Tower Oaks Blvd, Rockville MD, 20852
- Country – refers to: United States
- Device – any device that can access the services such as a computer, laptop, cellphone, or tablet
- Personal Data – any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual
- Services – refers to the application
- Service Provider – any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of Lafayette Federal. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by Lafayette Federal to facilitate the service, to provide the service on behalf of Lafayette Federal, to perform services related to the service or to assist Lafayette Federal in analyzing how the service is used
- Usage data – refers to data collected automatically, either generated by using the service or from the service infrastructure itself (for example: duration of a page visit)
- You – refers to the individual access or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the service, as applicable
Types of Data Collected
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First Name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Zip code
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the service.
Usage data may include information such as your devices internet protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and day of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
Information Collected While Using the Application
When using our application, to provide features of our application, we may collect, with your permission:
- Location Information: If you use our mobile banking application on your mobile device, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use this opt-in data to provide relevant messaging, even when the app is not open on your screen, to tailor our products and services for you, and to occasionally offer you promotions of interest. You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through your device settings.
- Pictures and or other information from your device’s camera and photo library.
We use this information to provide features of our service, to improve and customize our service. The information may be uploaded to the company’s servers and/or service providers or it may simply be stored on your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time through your device settings.
Use of Your Personal Data
The company may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor usage
- To manage your account, to manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the server that are available to registered users
- To contact you: to contact you by email, telephone, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as mobile application push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for implementation
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you already have or enquired about
- To manage your requests to us
- For business Transfers: we may us your information to evaluate or conduct a merger or other sale or transfer
- For other purposes: we may user your information for other purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, products, marketing, and member experience
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service providers: we may share your information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service or to contact you
- For business transfers: we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger or sale of company assets
- With Business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Lafayette Federal will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at Lafayette Federal’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your location.
Under certain circumstances, Lafayette Federal may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to a valid request by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements
Lafayette Federal may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights and property of Lafayette Federal
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users, the service, or the public
- Protect against legal Liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute safety.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume not responsibility for that content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party site or service.