Free financial education workshops
At Lafayette Federal, we want to provide you the tools you need to achieve more financially. Learning how your money works is the first step to saving more and reaching your long-term goals with confidence.
Personal banking basics
From basic budgeting to creating savings goals, we provide workshops and trainings on the foundations of financial wellness.
Investment and retirement planning
Learn everything you need to know about investing your hard-earned money and planning for the future.
Business banking & entrepreneurship
If you’re a business owner or entrepreneur, you can find tons of resources to help you grow and maintain your business.
Credit building and re-entrance to the workforce
Need a fresh start? Take a course on how to build your credit or how to find a new job that meets your financial needs.
The comprehensive sessions covered a variety of relevant financial topics, including fundamentals of banking, budgeting, understanding credit and business banking basics.
Some of the events we hosted included…
- Giving Kids a Second Chance (2010)
- McLean Chesterbrook Elementary School (2014)
- Cornerstone Montgomery (2017- present)
- Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) (2017-2018)
- Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (2018-present)
- Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) (2018-present)
- Thrive DC (2018)
- Britepaths (2018)
- CASA (2018-2019)
- KOA Sports (2019)
- Collaborative Solutions for Communities (CSC) (2019-2020)
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, we shifted gears and began offering financial education via virtual platforms. To date, we have educated members and consumers on relevant topics, including:
- First-Time Homebuyer Programs
- Retirement Planning
- Financial Planning Process
- Fundamentals of Investing
In 2023 and beyond, we look forward to offering additional educational opportunities on topics aimed at facilitating financial success.